Cantilevered Shade Structures
Maximum Visibility With Minimum Obstruction
Cantilevered shade structures are the best solution for outdoor areas where columns can present an obstruction or a hazard, such as at pool deck areas, carports, driving ranges and bleachers. A cantilever is beam-supported only at one end, with load carried over the overhanging, and provides a clear space underneath the beam without any supporting columns or bracing.
Cantilevered shades offer single-sided support and much-needed heat, rain and sun protection for the people and outdoor features you care about.
Cantilevered shades are ideal solutions for:
- Pool decks
- High-volume parking (carports)
- Bleachers and dugouts
- Car washes
- Drive-through drop-off/pick-up zones
- Golf and shooting ranges
- Concession areas
- Outdoor performance stages
Cantilevered Shades Features
What makes Cantilevered shades unique is the durability of materials and special engineering methods used in the construction and installation of these structures. At Creative Shade Solutions, we offer several cantilevered models: 2-post, wall-mounted shades and single-post umbrellas.
Cantilevered structures use only 2 steel columns on one side of a standard hip roof strong enough to hold shade coverings that span or extend out for up to 20 feet from the posts. These structures can be stacked side-by-side to cover areas up to 300-endless feet long. As an option, these sun shades can be attached to a solid wall to avoid posts all together – a great option for covering walkways and entryways.
TYPES OF CANTILIERED SHADE STRUCTURES
- A cantilevered umbrella is ideal for protecting a small seating area especially in tight locations where underground utilities prevent the installation of alternative multi-post structures.
- Shade Wings is a 2-post structure with a flat angled framed roof. It features a sail canopy rather than a hip roof shaped one. Because of the angled roof, this type of cantilevered shade offers protection from the rain with water runoff on the back of the structure and is an excellent shade solution for waiting and seating areas such as bus stops and pickup zones.
- The standard 2-post cantilevered structures with extended hip roof canopy come in many sizes and are perfect for providing sun coverage for bleachers and seating areas, car washes and parking lots, especially when stacked side-by-side to create long rows of shaded parking spaces.
How Cool is That!
Anybody standing under our shade structures will enjoy 15-20-degree cooler temperatures – all because of our breathable shade fabrics. At Creative Shade Solutions, we only use durable commercial-grade sail cloth, which can block up to 98.8% of UV rays and withstand wind gusts up to 120 mph. Choose from a wide selection of flame-resistant, waterproof and standard sail fabrics in a variety of beautiful colors.
Ensuring the highest quality and complete customer satisfaction is our priority. That’s why we design and manufacture all components in our 20,000 sq.ft Florida facility, offering great workmanship, warranty and a guarantee of full Florida code compliance for installation of shade structures and sails so as to ensure maximum lifespan.
And, keep in mind that you’ll enjoy exceptional cost savings when you choose our USA-made shade structures versus traditional construction options.
What Our Customers Are Raving About
"We have been working with Creative Shade Solutions and Werner for many years on various projects which exceed well over 1 million in revenue. Werner’s product knowledge, experience, and professionalism are the best in the industry. If an issue arises, he is prompt in responding and has an immediate solution at hand. We would highly recommend Creative Shade Solutions quality products and working with Werner and his staff on any commercial shade project."
Partner with Us For Turn-Key Shade Solutions
Bring your ideas to Creative Shade Solutions and we’ll take care of the rest.